Thursday, September 15, 2011

Stop Me Now!!!!.....

Seriously! Have you discovered this? I am sucked in. It is a virtual pinboard for anything and everything you love. Decorator ideas, crafts, photography, sewing, recipes and so on forever. It is another black hole that I simply cannot get out of. It is another internet craze that accidentally came my way...via a friend that should know NOT to give me anything else that will swallow me up and cause me to forget that there really are things I should be doing.

Retirement??? Yes. Boredom? Not for one single minute. Question I ask daily...how did I ever find time to work????

I am consumed from sun up until sun down everyday and go to bed wishing I had a few more hours. When Jimmy gets home from work and asks me what I did with my day (because once again I am offering hot dogs as the meal of the day), I cannot even answer. At least I cannot give him a logical and realistic excuse for not leaving home but not having time to prepare dinner.

I really worried that I would spend far too much time shopping...due to lack of anything else to do. Well, rest assured I have not drained our bank account (unless I have to account for the $$ I spend shopping for a grandchild, which thrills me to death). I do not go anywhere unless I am forced to....like to purchase deodorant and toilet paper.

I get up and look at all the possibilities for at home entertainment and it is hard to decide where to begin. Do I sew, do I read a photography manual, do I attack pinterest for more ways to spend free time???? Am I lucky enough to get time with Brooklynn? Oh my, the endless possibilities. Throw in a few needs like curtains and tee shirts for other family members and life is an endless smile. Nothing pleases me like being helpful.

I had an elderly neighbor many years ago who used to really get mad at me because I always had a project. She thought I never relaxed. It is all in one's perspective of relaxation. Maybe mine is different.

"Time You Enjoy Wasting Is Really Not Wasted Time."

All I really need is a few more hours a day to waste!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment