Friday, August 8, 2014

Judge Not!!!!......

Yes, I am that mom.  The one that cannot let go of anything.  Well there are limits.  I can toss everything not related to my children, but if it is part of my kids past history I still have it.
My husband thought when we made the move from Sachse seven and a half years ago that I had ridded us of all treasures that were not necessary for survival.  After nine to ten pick ups by the Salvation Army it seemed I had....not so!  While unearthing some stuff in the attic the other day I found treasure! I am not sure if this is Joey, Johnathon, or Danny but I know that Brookynn was amazed by the ponytail and earrings they were sporting, and these favorites from the New Kids on the Block were very glad to see daylight again!  I bet if I looked hard enough I could find their CD and we could hold a come back concert for all the new Barbies in our toy box.
Find number two...our Fischer Price Village...complete with all of the wooden people that have since been banned.  Hazardous for children I hear.  Cannot tell you the hours and hours of time my kids spent playing with these little men and women.... now passed down to another generation.
It was total de ja vu as I sent the girls out side with toys, a jug of water, and space to be creative.  They were...all day long!  
I do not know the story line of their playtime but, oh, how much fun it was to watch them imagine!
Yes, all those toys that my husband thought were in the Good Will box were repeat treasures for Brooklynn and Finley.  
I am certain that they will not make it to a third generation.  When I am gone bucket after bucket of those things that are dear to my heart will fill the back of a pick up truck and be carted off to the dump.  Sadly what is on the store shelves now is not likely to stand the test of time as did these tried and true favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment