Friday, August 18, 2017

Just Some Facts.......

My son just got home from a business trip...to Chicago!
I asked him if he knew that was where I was born....
"No, I thought you were born in Peoria."
So I got to thinking...of course.
My kids do not have a lot of facts.
I am really filling all of this in so if they ever go back through my books they can find some of the answers to the questions that I wish I had asked my mom and dad.
So, yes, I was born in Chicago and I guess my parents did not officially name me until the day of my baptism because my birthday was not September 5th!
Sadly this is a very poor picture but this is a picture of my grandparents on the day I was baptized. 
I do not now how old they were here but I have been told that my granddad was totally bald when he was 26.  He wore a toupe for awhile until someone pulled it off...then it was goodbye toupe.
I am sorry boys.  I guess your propensity to early hair loss was hereditary.  
And my grandmother...never saw here in anything but a dress.  I guess that was a sign of the times.  
I loved her dearly.  She had a huge heart and was always available, unless it was time to watch her "stories" on the 7" TV screen of hers.
There are a few fact kids.  More as I think of them or before I just can't remember them anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment