Sunday, March 29, 2020

Daily News....




This is an outbreak like no other.  It is world wide and moving like wildfire.  There is no news unless it is related to the virus plaguing the world.
The Pope, in a beautifully touching hour long service gave a plenary indulgence for all that viewed the service live.  The Pope looked tired and frail as he led the faithful through this beautiful hour.
We are all hurting.  It is Lent, my favorite part of the Liturgical year.  Holy Week is coming up.  Every day of the week brings special meaning to my life as we walk the path that Christ did during that last agonizing week.  I have been there.  I have walked the roads that our Lord did.  The week holds special meaning when you have been to the Holy Land.  I can live those moments but unless I have a totally different mindset next week, it will not be the same.  
God has something glorious waiting at the end of this, I know it.  I just need to be prayerful and patient.
And so another day ends with the knowledge that tomorrow will be much of the same...rain and social distancing.  We will survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment