Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Lazy, Crazy, Hazy Days of Summer....

Roll out those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer,
Those days of soda and pretzels and beer.
Roll out those lazy, crazy, hazy days of summer,
You'll wish that summer could always be here!
 I have always been a fan of summer.  During the 23 years I worked for the school district it meant 3 months of freedom...no schedule, kids home, easy meals, flip flops, flowers....
 Fruit on the fruit trees....
 Pool play time....
 A perfect rainbow after a much appreciated summer rain.....
 Ahhhhh....but this summer has been much different.  In May we chose to embark on a project.  We have dreamed of an outdoor living area since we moved in our house.  No need to repeat over and over again that outside is our happy place.  Maybe not pretzels and beer but a glass of wine and a good book in the evening on the patio is life at it's best as we see it.
 So we signed a contract and began living the nightmare of home construction.  There seems to be no pride in ownership as these contractors take on a job.  I have not ventured very far from my back door for over a month.  Had I left we would have the foundation in  the wrong place, misplaced drains, posts not centered correctly, defective wood, and so on.  The foundation needs to be covered with another material and I need a valium!!!!
 Jimmy ended up spending three hours redoing electrical...and I won't even repeat the verbiage I listened to when that was over! I do believe I need a discounted bill for project supervision.  
We are on the final step...the stonework.  It is rolling along without a hitch.  A different contractor and a different view on project pride.  Karlo has been by at least three times a day to monitor and direct.  I have simply watched from out of the window.  
We are near completion.  Soon the mess will be gone, the yard cleaned up and the wine uncorked...we are ready for a party!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment