Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Summertime Thoughts.....Randomly...

 I find it so sad.  Who expects to go to a midnight showing of Batman and encounter such tragedy.  Twelve dead and dozens injured. Who in the world can become so distraught that they think the only way to react is to leave so many families in such pain.  It has taken me until now to even wrap my mind around the fact that this man could go on a rampage like this.  Those gone are all good people, innocent victims of a madman...including a six year old who will never grow up.  My heart goes out to the people whose lives will never be the same.  Just my thoughts as we continue to hear about the 12 that are now being laid to rest.  We are a world with no guarantees at all.
 On a brighter note...I was sucked in again.  Reality TV is just not reality.  But, I watched the Bachelorette once again and once again I believe!  No, these relationships do not work out...but maybe this one will.  Emily and Jef seem sincere.  A $180,000 engagement ring surely shows the man means business!  I am going to cling to the hope that there will be a gigantic televised wedding just to prove that all of the fluff does not matter...just being together for the rest of their lives is all that is important.

 What else is there to smile about...this baby!  Over night she has sprouted two teeth and as of today has conquered movement.  Arms and legs in sync she can now crawl!!!  I do not know whether to laugh or cry.  In just a short time walking will be another milestone. I just simply need to freeze time for a moment PLEASE!
 And finally...we are finished (minus some trim work) and we are nothing but relieved to have our yard and our lives back. 
It will be worth the headaches.  Just some fill dirt, sod, grill installation and we will call it a day.  Jimmy has already dubbed it his sanctuary (a place of safety or refuge)...one that will be complete with a wife, kids, grandkids, friends, and neighbors.....maybe he will actually choose to move back in the house when we all join him out in his sanctuary!  Party anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment