Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Close!.......

We are days away from a wedding and strangely enough as I sit here tonight, 
I can honestly say...there is not much left to do.  
In January when the official planning began I was not sure we would ever get to the bottom of the
 "To Do" list.
 We have all worked!  We have painted, sewed, planted, cleaned, shopped, cut and pasted, discussed (nicely) and ironed out all of the details. We have made more trips to the lake with loaded down cars than I ever imagined was possible.
 And NOW, I think the tasks are pretty much complete!
 It has truly taken a village.  We have borrowed from friends and family.  People have scavenged closets and attics for all of the parts to make this "personally done" wedding come together.  
And it will be "personally done"!
It is a good feeling.  I do know now why wedding planners earn their salary.  How easy it would have been to hand over the plans and have someone get it done...well someone did, they just did not get paid!
 I also have to give a lot of credit to the genius who created PINTEREST!  For those that continually say "PINTEREST made me do it"....well ditto from all of this wedding party! It was PINTEREST born and bred.
We are close and it is good.  All we need now is "I DO" and an official signature. 
 I cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment