Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Playdate!!!!!......

 What do you do when you have a houseful of grandkids and nothing special to do?  You arrange a playdate!  You pack up 7 kids under the age of 7 and start out at McDonalds.  Yes, I admit to the crime.  I did drag my grandchildren to the dreadful golden arches but I am blaming it on my first born grandchild!  The original plan was Chuck E Cheese, but a fear of anything that dresses up in a costume that makes you 7 feet high and greets you at the door sends Brooklynn into a tizzy! So we broke a few rules...and ordered the HAPPY MEAL with juice!
 We ate, we played, and then we came home to swim.  What fun!
It was a day like our summer days used to be when my kids were small.
We slathered on the sunscreen a directed them to the water!
A pool full of kids that had never even met before and creative play was unlimited. 
The grandmas sat under an umbrella and did a constant head count.  
 Sometimes we had to look underwater for little fish!  
It was perfect!
The Grandmother's had just as much fun as the kids.
Sometimes just a good old fashioned playdate is just what we need on a hot summer day!

No comments:

Post a Comment