Sunday, August 18, 2013

Most Obviously Absent.....

 Yes, I have been decidedly absent lately from anything that might resemble a blog post.  I could list a million reasons....just lack of enthusiasm, summertime blues, a ridiculous bout of the flu, piles, of laundry, ect., ect.  But the fact of the matter is, though those things do come into play I have been drowning in Medicare MESS!  If you are or will soon be approaching 65 please get a RX for Zanax soon.  The above pile of literature is only a small portion of what has arrived in my mailbox weekly for the last two months.  I did not know that there was Medicare Part A, B, C, and D.  I really don't care.  Well, I thought I didn't until I realized that my medical condition as of late has not been superior so I might need some kind of coverage when I least expect it.  Best I research.  What I have decided is that you might need a Maters Degree in deciphering redundant ridiculous rhetoric.  Not only do you need to wade through all of this, you then need to decide on supplemental coverage because one is no good without the other.  I am really an intelligent individual and this has come near to making me question my ability to comprehend anything.  I had awesome insurance after I retired.  Now that my income is dwindling I am being forced to pay more for insurance that most doctors don't even want to deal with. Yes, friends, Medicare coverage is expensive and add to that supplemental coverage and I am about $60 in the hole.  Whoever said these were the golden years has not yet filled out his Medicare packet.
So...I am now finished.  It is signed and mailed and I guess when I head out to pick up my first RX or visit the doctor I will find out if it all works.  I am thinking positive.
And on a positive note let me say that we are being blessed with an amazing week of beautiful weather in August.  It was 70 degrees this morning when I went outside to have breakfast and read.  What a treat early in the morning!
And...I am no longer stressed over insurance.  Those much older and wiser than myself have managed moving over this tremendous hump from 64 to 65 and survived.  Maybe all the added senior citizen discounts will make up for the hike in my insurance cost...and I am surely not afraid to use them!

No comments:

Post a Comment