Saturday, October 12, 2013

Focus.....

I have had an extremely bizarre last couple of days...so much so that I (who always photograph everything in case I need it for a blog post) could not even round up a camera to capture the series of ridiculous events that have been part of the nightmare I have been living lately (photos taken after the fact). I admittedly have the ability to embellish a story.  It takes me twice as long as anyone else to say simple things.  This was pointed out to me the other day by my daughter-in-law as she recounted a tale Brooklynn had told her about the fact that she watched the first 15 minutes of Gray's Anatomy at my house while I was giving Finley a bath.   The tale was told to her "Gramma style", which I guess means with every adjective, adverb, and detail that she could add for effect.  I am okay with that.  I entertained a classroom of teenagers for years in that manner....random stories meant to entertain and educate....and in most cases it worked.  All of this just to tell you that every detail of the following stories are FACTS...not enhanced for entertainment value, but the facts as they happened.

Thursday night I had a NEED...not a want, but a real need for a bowl of ice cream.  At our house if it is in the freezer you have to back out the car to get it out of that freezer...so I did.  I fixed myself a huge bowl of Blue Bell topped with spoonfuls of Nutella.  Figured I would go with the healthy!!  Ice cream eaten, helped Sara with some laundry, and sat down to watch Gray's Anatomy.  Just a nice peaceful evening.....until a hysterical Sara came running in to tell me that my car was out in the driveway still running.  Yes, it is surely the curse of Blue Bell and Gray's Anatomy that I simply forgot to pull the car back in, turn it off, and close the garage.  It had only sat out in the driveway, running, keys still in it, burning $3.00 a gallon gas for about an hour. However, the pot of gold in this story is that my car WAS still there.  In a neighborhood where I have had my purse stolen out of my car three times....I am thrilled to report that no one took my car....and for that I am grateful.  For that, and the fact that irregardless of the amount of gas that was burned...the Blue Bell did not disappoint!
Follow that with a brand new bottle of Mazola corn oil that landed...OPEN....on top of my head last night.  From the top shelf of my pantry...cap not on tight it came crashing down.  I looked like a victim of the BP oil spill. Fortunately I had removed my contacts due to severe allergies earlier in the day because my eyes were swimming in grease, it was down my legs and in my shoes...and my hair...it took three washings with DAWN to cut through the yuck.  I felt like one of the ducks being washed after said oil spill.  I won't even comment on the state of my kitchen floor....
And, just days prior to the great oil drop, the above container of frosting tips, frosting, cupcake papers, and sprinkles fell on my head too. Same pantry, same shelf, and no reason other than I did not back on the shelf before I let go. It was not nearly as messy as Mazola , but it was much more painful. I am still finding tips under counters and in drawers.  The pantry is just not a safe place anymore.
I blame it all on lack of focus...because that sounds as good as anything, huh?


No comments:

Post a Comment