Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Goodbye October......

Oh so true!  We are coming to the end of one of my favorite months.  I love knowing we are entering the fall...even though it might take until October's end for the temperature to reflect the fact that summer is over.
October means mums and pumpkins.
And cute babies sitting on the front porch barefoot!
October is silly in the pumpkin patch,
and just for fun a cheesy face!
It is rain...finally!  Lots of rain! Around here rain is a much needed commodity, and a relief since we just received our only water twice a month water restriction card.  And while it is raining and a good bit cooler, it means a lazy day and a long afternoon nap.  Oh, how I treasure a good nap!!!
It is FINALLY dragging out the boots!  Yes, I do put my flip flops away, but only if I can put on a pair of boots.  I cannot begin  to explain my passion for having my calves stuffed into a leather corset when I normally demand that my toes be totally free, but I would own as many pairs of boots as I do Yellow Box sandals if the price was equivalent.  I could always blame the purchase on a misorder.....right???
And finally it is yet another birthday!  Oh, how I also love cake and candles....so much so that Heather had her choice of two different desserts this year.  Sugar is a good thing.

Tomorrow is Halloween.  
It is a big deal in our neighborhood full of kids, so the pantry is stocked and the cobwebs are strung.  We are expecting lots of ghosts and goblins...and possibly an Abby Cadabby and Elmo.
It is the end of October.  That means it is the beginning of the holiday season.  If the costumes are packed away can Christmas shopping be far behind?  Oh my, I think I need another nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment