Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Oh Jerry!!!.....And Other Things

I do not think it is any secret how I feel about Jerry Jones.....
Yes, I believe he did build a fabulous stadium and then failed year after year to build a team that could be proven winners in that stadium.  He is the decision maker and I have to stand with Dale Hansen in agreement that he is about the worst decision maker there is.  His record proves that...and today...well just add another check mark under that dumb moves column.
Demarcus Ware is no longer on the Cowboys roster.  He is the teams ALL TIME leading pass rusher and seven times pro bowler.  Nope, I did not know that but I do now.  Every news article I have read confirms that fact.  He is probably paid too much...so is Romo but no one let him go.  For Ware it is probably a good move.  He may now be able to sign with a team that wins and he deserves that.  It is not his winning stats that make me a fan.  It is his character.  He is one of the best.  He is a family man and a team leader.  He is not an egotist...he is just good.  
I will get over it, unless they find a reason to drop Jason Whitten.  Then I simply will not know how to respond.
As for the other things....like my Lenten resolutions....
I am not craving diet cokes or candy.  I do not miss them at all.  
Facebook...that is another matter all together.  I am at a loss.  I am missing Facebook more than my family is missing the wine they have given up..oh yes REALLY!!!
What I have discovered is that I do not know anything at all about anyones life if I do not access social media.  No one talks anymore.  If you do not check Facebook then the world just passes you by.  My five minutes a night is worthless.  I have to scroll rapidly through anything worthless and get quickly to real news.  In the five minutes I allow myself I have discovered that there is no way you can read the comments on anyones posts...and that is the crucial part of the news, like the really good part.  My good friend had a new grand baby one day, and then another one the next day.  That is news!!!  I missed baby #1 and barely caught baby #2.  Another friend's son is missing.  I do not know the outcome.  I had a lunch invitation...almost missed it.  Betty's husband fell off the ladder while cleaning the gutter.  He broke his hip.  Not sure how he is doing.  
Has this been a successful or life changing resolution?  
I have managed to read more.  I do not live with my face in the phone.  I talk to my family at meals.  From that point, this is a good thing.  But, to know that so much of our contact is something you have to see on a computer screen or on the face of your phone...not good.  I fear what is 10 years ahead of us.  
I have way too many days to go and it is a sacrifice.  Sadly I will probably jump right back in to it on Easter Sunday, but maybe with moderation.  Maybe if I had it do do over I would never have gotten hooked in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment