Thursday, June 18, 2015

VBX 2015.......

Yes, I did!
I just spent another week with a group of kids at Vacation Bible Experience 2015!
And it was just as much fun as last year.
 I clearly remember being so excited when I took on the task of pre-school leader for bible school last year.  I also remember the sheer exhaustion after spending four hour days, five days in a row with 17 four year olds.  By the end of the week I was beat but so in love with my kids and the fun of sharing Jesus with them.
 There was not question I would be back.  When you think you might have lost God, share a week with children.  
This year was different.  I did not have a group of small children.  I had a group of 10 children raging in age from 5 to 11.  That presented it's own different challenges.  How do you present things to such varied ages?
 I found out it is pretty simple.  Jesus is universal.
Good Christian music, lots of movement, and you have unbridled enthusiasm!
 God has the power to provide, to comfort, to heal, to forgive, and to love us forever!
 I am not teaching bible school.  Every year I am learning that kids have a heart for Christ that is so beautiful.  They love, they share, and they accept.  They are open and willing when we as adults are so set on a path that we are fearful to veer off of.
 It is beautiful to watch the youth in our parish be so willing to give so much of themselves to guide those younger than them.  
It is exhausting...I am tired...
but my name will be on the list next year when they post the volunteer list.  
It is beyond a shadow of a doubt the best job in the world, and there is not even a salary attached.
"And God is able to provide you with very blessing in abundance"
2 Corinthians 9:8

No comments:

Post a Comment