Monday, June 22, 2015

Lake Bash 2015......

Two weeks into summer, Father's Day weekend and another Lake Bash happened.
I must admit I am tired!
I worked my way through four days of vacation bible school (missing the last night) and packed my car for our annual family get together.  It is an undertaking to say the least.
I am very grateful for Tim and Mandy who have graciously accepted the baby portion of the family because I honestly do not know where I would put everyone.  We are up to 29 family members....and growing!  We were short 4 members this year and the Bergeson's made a quick trips to Baton Rouge to welcome a new grandchild....and that is where I would have been too!!
That still left us with two full houses and a crew that probably used two bath towels each everyday....
maybe I need to install hooks because repeating the use of a towel is a totally acceptable behavior!
Fish were abundant.  After four years of severe draught they were probably glad to be swimming freely and feeding on whatever was hanging on the end of a hook.

In order to compete in the "olympic" games every fish had to be carefully measured and recorded on the scoreboard.  We take this whole thing very seriously!
Even the kids are part of the event that always causes a little friction if you are a point off on the leader board.




While some find it relaxing to park themselves in a lawn chair with a trashy summer novel, we are totally into minnows, earth worms and water fun.
Yes, this is totally me pretending like I am young a vibrant and can swim on out to the floating island and climb on board without being pulled in like a beached whale.  It is not just age.  It is weight, arthritis, and the inability to maneuver any part of my body anymore.
It served to entertain my grandchildren and the other part of the crew that was watching from the shoreline.  



Two three year olds on a hot dog.....
no fear in this family!




One of the greatest part of the weekend ...watching all of the kids join in on all of our games!
A shower cap and shaving cream brought more laughter than Richard Simmons in his gym shorts.


Do not give a Shubzda family member a can of shaving cream....
We finished the night with thunder storms, tired kids, about ten more loads of laundry, and lots of great memories.....
I will sleep in tomorrow and then start planning for 2016 because despite the chaos it is the best weekend ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment