Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Bullet Points........

The last few weeks have been crazy!
Actually I live a crazy life and would not change that but this summer has been packed full and has flown by.
Before I find myself in the middle of September I thought I would jot down a few things that have been happening.
 I have become a true fan of coconut oil.
It is a cure all.
I admit I have been sucked into a lot of crazy remedies that do not work...like Dr. Oz's recommendation of milk of magnesia to cure wrinkles.  DOES NOT WORK!
I had a burn and someone recommended this.  It worked!  Dried up and healed in no time.
Hair conditioner...YES.  Slather it all over your hair and wow!  Your head smells like an Almond Joy for 30 minutes but shiny and smooth in one treatment.  Once a week for me.
My flowers look great.  This years abundant rain has been incredible.  By this time of the year I am so tired of dragging a hose around and watering plants I am ready to let them die.  This summer just about everything still looks good and the times I have had to water have been minimal.
Happiness!  Loving rain!
Ozzie is back.  Only temporarily but while Drew and Heather babysit a friends two dogs for a couple of weeks, we are keeping their dog.  Ozzie is a dream dog.  He never barks, he is placid and friendly.
He is also a walking hair ball.  You can see fur flying when he runs by.  The time I do not spend watering flowers, I do spend with a vacuum.  I hate it!!  But, it is teamwork when someone needs help.  We can do this!
The great zip lock bag!!  Never had such a great travel tip!
Fold all of those clothes and pack them in a 2 gallon bag.  Squish out the air and seal.
I have totally over packed for a 10 day trip to Israel because I had so much fun with the bags.
I simply cannot wait to open my suitcase and observe the state of my zip locked clothing.  
And speaking of.....
Just a few days until I board a plane for a 14 hour flight to the Holy Land.  I truly do not know what to expect.  I have read, I have researched and I have truly prayed that this will be the journey that I want it to be.  I know it will not be like France.  That was an experience, but this will be an entirely different experience.  I want to embrace this journey for the right reasons.  I never dreamed this would be part of my life...what a gift.  
And last on this random bullet list...ice cream, or lack there of.  I am just about tired of trying to find a replacement for Blue Bell.  There is just not a replacement.  We have tried them all...even gone to Braums to get a couple of gallons.  You cannot match Banana Pudding or Moo-lenium Crunch.  I have done some research and I do not think that Blue Bell will be back on store shelves anytime soon.  It does not seem that it would be that difficult to come up with a tasty ice cream, but based on the  tests that we have done here in our home kitchen...nothing comes close.
We are in mooring, as is much of our state.  
Blue Bell lets get those trucks rolling soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment