Sunday, July 5, 2015

Sad Day.......Perfect Sermon........

It is the fifth of July.
The day after what was the perfect fourth of July!
Family, lake, tubing, laughter, and fun in the sun.
It is one of Americas favorite holidays...including mine! 
 But the day after....always sad.  I never forget it.  
I did not go the the lake the summer of 2002.  I stayed home. The family went.
Matt and Kim were returning from their honeymoon and packing for the long road trip to Cali to begin their new life.  This is where I wanted to be.  There would be other fireworks but I did not know when I would see them again.
We had a fun two days going through wedding gifts, wrapping carefully and packing.  
Then they were ready to head out.  Newlyweds on the way to a new life.  They were excited.
That was it for me.  I would never hug Matt's neck again.  But I was here to watch them pull out and for that I am ever grateful.
Our sermon at church today must have been for me.  Father Dankasa talked on our second reading....2 Corinthians 12: 1-10.
It is one of my favorite readings.  It is typed and placed in my kitchen and I read it daily.  Today Father explained it differently, though there are so many different interpretations of it's meaning.

"Three times I begged the Lord about this that my sorrow and pain might leave me but He said to me 'My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness.'  I will rather boast gladly of my weaknesses in order that the power of Christ may dwell within me.
Therefore, I am content with my weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and constraints, for 
the Sake of Christ; for when I am weak, then I am strong."

Beautiful words, beautifully spoken and reflected upon on a day when I am not strong but with Gods grace and a deep faith, I know that I have strength.
I have leaned on God so many times and He has never let me down....
for when I am weak, then I am strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment