Wednesday, September 9, 2015

It's A Wrap..........

So as we officially kick of summer with Memorial Day, it seems we officially end summer with Labor Day.  And so we did this year.
The weekend was awesome and the weather, though warm, was perfect for water sports, and family!

I am not always on board with dragging myself to the lake.  For me it usually means LOTS of planning ahead of,  major grocery shopping (as the markets in Tool, Texas leave much to be desired) and loading up the car to travel to a destination where I know I will work for the majority of my "vacation".
I bit the bullet and not only agreed to go, but invited the extended family to come along...which meant a houseful again!  Our goal this summer was to sell our very small lake house and move into something that would accommodate more people.....seems that was not meant to be.
Maybe that is not so bad.  There is a kind of togetherness that is created when you cram 13 people in 1400 square feet for the weekend!  
It was fun, and the best part of the weekend was the joy in watching the kids LOVE their lake time!
My grand babies and my niece are water babies.
You cannot wear them out.
Fish, lizards, and turtles all sparked their imagination....it is like a nature lesson that you don't plan.


To complete the weekend we celebrated birthdays!
Poor Sara and Drew never get to enjoy their birthday solo.  
Although I worked at making sure they were not born on the same day, they still have a joint birthday party every year....and so it was this weekend.
Drew's favorite present...a daddy diaper bag, full of all the necessities for baby care when he is traveling solo with their new baby due in February.
This is his last birthday that he will celebrate before he becomes a dad.  I am still trying to wrap my mind around that! 
 He has also learned that once children enter the picture he no longer gets to open his own presents, or blow out the candles on his cake.
Somehow I do not think he cares...somehow his life is looking pretty good right now.
What a great was to celebrate the end of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment