Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Absent.......

It has been weeks...literally since I have taken time to sit down and jot down our activities.  
I am retired...but I manage to fill my calendar until there are few moments to think.  
All by choice of course!  
BUT...
I still want to remember all of the things that take hold of my days and with two new grandbabies on the way I want to keep all of my memories intact.
The Pope! 
 Four continuous days of watching this very holy man travel through three cities during his very first trip to the US.
No wonder there is nothing on my blog!!!
Even my non-Catholic friends found reasons to talk about this humble, unassuming man.  
I honestly watched every moment I could fit in.  I picked CNN since I knew our Catholic television station would give nothing but positive insight.  The result....
CNN's Anderson Cooper was awestruck!  To see commentary from a non-Catholic perspective was great.  Pope Francis traveling sandwiched between limo's and huge SUV's in his tiny Fiat made a statement.  He is not a man seeking power, but a man of humility doing the work of God.  He is more comfortable among the homeless than sitting in a State Dinner with dignitaries and so this is the schedule he choose.  
He did not condemn on any level but asked for humanity instead of hostility.  Words that we all should take to heart.
And....yesterday what I think will  be the last swim of the season.  
The water is 82 degrees and for me that is polar atmosphere.
Not so for two little girls who were dying to get in the water one more time.  
It makes me smile to see them enjoy everything.  Now that school has started I don't get that opportunity so much.
Life is just better with grandbabies.
I will make this next statement brief...we have a rat in our $40 trap finally.
I sent Sara out to take this picture....and even putting this photo on here made me squeamish.
Just to note...my husband actually threw the electrified creature on the grass and measured it at 15'" from head to end of tail.  It is for me the epitome of disgusting to know that this thing has been on our property for 10 months leaving rat tracks and droppings everywhere.  
We are armed in case he has any friends.  
And finally I have a pile of fabric that will soon be a quilt for grand baby #3.
I am not so sure I am a fan but with a smile on my face I am going to attempt to recreate a blanket from a picture I saw on Pinterest.  No pattern....just a picture.  Thank heavens for a helpful lady at a quilt shop that was patient enough to guide me in the right direction.
However, after ringing up a pile of fabric quarters that cost $116 that was probably the least she could do!
In the next week I am going to attempt to connect all of these pieces into something that resembles a picture and hope that when I am done it makes mom and baby happy because in the long run that is all that matters.
Project for the next few weeks....sew!
Blog for the next few weeks...probably not!

No comments:

Post a Comment