Wednesday, October 7, 2015

I Am Six.....

Now We Are Six

When I was one,
I had just begun.
When I was two,
I was nearly new.
When I was three,
I was hardly me.
When I was four,
I was not much more.
When I was five,
I was just alive.
But now I am six,
I'm as clever as clever.
So I think I'll be six
now and forever.
 I love A. A. Milne. 
 I used to read Now We Are Six over and over again.
And now this precious poem applies to my first born grandchild.  
Oh sadness :(
There is something different about six...it is not five.  Five still sounds little.  Six does not.  
Brooklynn is mature beyond her now six years.  
She reads better than some first graders.  That is the work of her mom. Mandy reads with her daily and Brooklynn loves it.
Her latest passion is crafts.....
AND unicorns!!
Brooklynn still loves to hug, and laugh and play house.  Playing babies is her current passion because she is a big sister in training!
She has grown so tall that she needed a bigger new bike for her birthday.  She has finally mastered riding without training wheels.
Oh how i love this girl.
She and her sister have brought me more joy.
I would drop anything to play with her...
that is what grandparents do.


Happy Birthday Brooklynn.   Thank you for letting me love you so much and still having time to share your days with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment