Friday, April 29, 2016

Something Different....

Yes, this is a little different.  It is not a book review because literary critic is WAY down at the bottom of my capabilities.  
My taste in reading material is all over the map.  However, I do read....a lot!!!  I have changed from trashy novels that used to consume my time, to magazines because they are a quick read, to cookbooks because I thought I might prepare dinner, and now I just target anything that might be some sort of self improvement.  
There is always hope!!!!
This book just made me feel good.  It was what I needed to read right now.  Lots of things in front of me, maybe some changes and challenges and decisions to make...and this had some great bits of material that I reread over and over.
BUT
That is not the reason I took time out to write about this.  It is because right there in the title is the reason I continue to occasionally keep up with this blog.  I am 
"COLLECTING THE MOMENTS THAT MATTER.'
Annie Downs says she scrapbooks in order to leave a trail of who she was at any particular point in time.  Well, I could send her crates of scrapbook materials from that era in my life!  
Bottom line...the reason I continue this blog (though not so often anymore) is because I want to leave a trail of things that matter.  That right now happens to be the moments I spend with my precious grand babies.  Someday they might look back and remember the things we did and that will make me smile!  They are growing.  Adeline is 8 weeks already and Matthew is 5 months.  I am so lucky that they are here and I can take part in their growth process and enjoy those precious moments...and so I record them because I am collecting the moments that matter!

No comments:

Post a Comment