Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Italy....What a Trip!......


Loading the bus on November 1st for another trip I never dreamed I would make.
I am/was that person who never had any desire to travel abroad.  Pictures in a magazine would be sufficient.  Now I am hooked.  I love it.  Going with a group on a Pilgrimage is in my opinion the gift of a lifetime.  It is a spiritual journey, a way to connect with God, and with the 35 companions you travel with.  It has taken me over a month to really reflect on what I found on that trip.  My first thoughts were not so positive.  It was grueling, long, a test of our endurance...but now I am beginning to see the purpose.  It was a test of sorts.  I was pushed beyond what I ever thought was physically possible so soon after back surgery.  I grumbled about the miles we walked, but I survived and so did the rest of our group...some much older than I.  I am glad I went.  I knew I am capable of much more than I thought possible.  I saw sights I will never see again and each spot holds a special memory for me....so here it is.
First stop VENICE!!!!
Yes, it was everything I had anticipated.
Absolute beauty everywhere.
St. Mark's Square.
Only in Europe can you find architecture that is this amazing.  

We did not ride a gondola but they were exactly as I pictured in my mind.
Venice is known for it's glassware which is handblown at local shops.
We were lucky enough to visit one of these merchants and watch a artisan at work.
I did not, however, purchase any of this!  $$$$$$

Every spot was postcard perfect.


And Venice is where I met Gelato!
My goal...to have one gelato a day for the whole trip....
maybe two!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment