Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Beach Bums.......

We have arrived!
After 11 grueling hours on the road, this not so good traveler saw the sign...
Gulf Shores here we are!
I love the beach. 
 It is my go to vacation pick no matter what our vacation allowance is.
There is just something about a lawn chair, sand, and the sound of wave crashing against the shore that will cure about anything.
So what happened upon arrival....storms.
Welcome to the beach!
Not to worry....it gave us time to unpack, explore, and shop.
Nothing bad about that!


We took an evening to go out and look for dolphins on the Alabama Rose.
I will tell you that the captain guarantees dolphin sightings....
and he was beginning to worry!
An hour and a half down the Florida coast they appeared and it was worth the wait. 
What a fun evening!
And this sand?
It just amazed me.
I do not know what created all these lines but it was one of my favorite beach sightings.


Sara loved it!
She is just like me.
She can sit for hours and play in the sand and enjoy the waves.
Mothers Day morning some very ambitious young man got up early and wrote Happy Mothers Day and drew a huge pot of flowers in the sand.
Well thank you and Happy Mothers Day to me!


And just because I am always amazed at what cell phones have done to our society....
This family spent their Mothers Day morning at a beautiful restaurant, on a beautiful morning,
staring into four individual cell phone screens.  Not a word of conversation, just eyes glued to the screen.  I think the world needs a wake up call. 
Ring, ring....put your phone away and talk to your mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment