Wednesday, January 30, 2013

My New Accessory......

Well, I imagine this made you look several times!
Yes, this is my new mouth wear.  Just got it this morning.  Been waiting on this prize for close to a year.  When you know your front tooth is falling out, I assure you wait as long as you can before you pull the trigger and have the surgeon yank it!
 I will now have the pleasure of getting up in the morning and brushing my teeth (minus one) and putting on my usual day wear of yoga pants, tee shirt, and flip flops, and completing my outfit with this lovely "flipper"....for 7 to 8 months!
In my infinite wisdom I choose to put this ordeal off until it now requires a bone graft, then an implanted titanium post and finally somewhere around the holidays a tooth.
It is not just the trauma of having no front tooth...it is the financial toll it took on my bank account.  I try not to focus on the $$$$'s.  We are lucky enough I can do this but when you dump $4100 out of your wallet (that is after insurance did their part) it tends to take your breath away!
For that amount of money I could:
*Spend a week in New York strolling in Central Park, dining with the stars, seeing everything on Broadway, and sleeping in the best hotels.
*I could be wearing some serious BLING!!!!
* I could treat the family to a fun little vacation together.
*I could redo my master bath.
*I could replace the chair and ottoman in the family room with a recliner for Jimmy...I could replace the whole family room with new furniture.
*I could travel to Kenya to meet our foster son.
*I could have someone clean my house for me for the rest of my life.
*I could even get Jimmy a yard man so he did not have to mow two lawns every week.  
Or I could have just left the tooth out and signed up to be a cast member on "Duck Dynasty".
I think the outfit I wear daily, my extra large hair, and lack of a front tooth would entitle me to a spot in the main house!
As disclaimer once again on my end....I am in a drug induced state, the pain pill is starting to wear off, and I am heading to the kitchen for water and another handful of meds.  Maybe when I wake up I will find this whole thing funny, but right now I wish I was in New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment