Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Snowed In Again......

 Well, this morning found us blanketed in the white stuff once again...unexpectedly.  Being ever so glad I had not accepted a sub job that would have meant I would have been on the roads at 6:45 a.m., I just turned up my electric blanket and decided it would be a good time to reflect.  I am likely to reflect on LOTS of things depending on the day but we are half way through January so maybe it was time to think about how my New Years resolution was going. I am not one ounce lighter, but I did not put weight loss on my list.  I have not walked so much as a block, but I did not resolve to exercise either.
I just decided it was time to have a better attitude this year.  If Dr Phil was sitting here, he would of course ask, "AND HOW IS THAT WORKING FOR YOU?"
 I guess to get a really definitive answer you would have to ask those around me, but personally I feel  much less stressed than I have been in awhile.  For instance, I am not at all bothered by the overloaded trash can in my pantry.  My hubby is retired now and where I might normally be in an angered state because he was on the couch reading his iPad instead of tackling garbage...well, I don't care.  I just take it out myself. I don't even complain to all my phone friends that he is sitting and I am working!

 My, usual "I NEED PROZAC" moments, when I am surrounded by shoppers on their cell phones.  Not to worry, I am fine.  Not even flustered.  So what that I have to listen to them talk about their missing member in their bridge club.  I  repeat....I am fine.  What if it takes ten extra minutes in the check out line because they don't know that the cashier is waiting for them...I will just play another game on my phone while I wait.
It is all about attitude and I will continue to be patient and understanding even if it kills me.
And while I am reflecting, I am so sorry I never stood in the kitchen with my mother.  She was a great cook.  I just was NOT interested.  So now, while trying to duplicate her German Potato Salad and fresh green bean I have to admit I am an EPIC fail.  It would have taken so little time to pay attention.  I am just not too good at paying attention to anything, except an overflowing trash can and shoppers on their cell phones.
Attitude...just 11 1/2 months to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment