Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Welcome 2013!.....

It's here!!!
Yes, I stayed up for the second year in a row to watch the calendar roll over to a new year.  It made me a bit sad.  2012 is a known.  2013 is a clean slate and 365 days of unknown.  I can determine some of the direction the year goes but not all.  For a compulsive, type A personality, knowing that part of what lies in this next year is not under my control is difficult! So I am just going to try and sit back and enjoy.
I know that for our family 2012 will include a wedding!  That is nothing but wonderful!  Looking forward to that gives much joy to this first day of the year.  I know that I will continue to enjoy watching my grandbabies grow and learn and there will be more hugs and snuggles!  Another great thought for the new year.
The rest...we just leave to chance and enjoy each day to the fullest.
So in lies my New Year's resolution.  No diets, no plans for healthy eating, no ideas that my day will start with a two mile walk, no swearing off diet cokes.  I resolve during 2012 to be happy at the end of each day about the way I spend my time.  I want to know that my waking hours were not wasted.  That does not mean I have to be eternally productive....just happy. My resolution is about attitude.  I want to write on the page at the end of the day that it was a good day.  Simple enough?  It would probably be easier to swear off diet cokes than be happy all of the time but I am going to try!
Leaving this with my favorite thoughts from an unknown author that always make the new year make sense to me.....
"I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.
I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.
I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.
I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger.
I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.
I wish enough "Hello's" to get you through the final "Goodbye."
Happy 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment