Monday, December 31, 2012

Complete.....

Today is the day...the last day of 2012.  Laying in bed this morning thinking about it I am not sure how I would rate this year.  Perfect?  No, that is not exactly true.  A six day hospital stay because of a punctured esophagus and then West Nile virus moves the perfect scale down a few notches.  It is certainly not perfect when you are forced to replace almost every major appliance, the garage door about three times, the circuit board on the swimming pool, car tires, Yukon body damage, and so on, and so on. 
Awesome...maybe that works.  Awesome does not indicate perfect
....but it does make a statement on the way I feel about 2012.  When you have so many good moments you can over look the not so good (the not perfect).
 For our family we have celebrated to so many things.  We were opening a bottle of wine on a regular basis to toast promotions, retirements, job changes, and engagements. Those are the good times! We enjoyed great family times at our lake reunion, holidays, and showers.  We welcomed two new babies to the clan and that is time for major celebration.  We gathered for Christmas Eve and sat together in church.  For anyone that knows me, my only Christmas wish (forget presents) is to fill the pew at church with immediate and extended family on Christmas Eve...and we did.  That surely earns an AWESOME rating.
It is also a time to look at the things that always make me smile...like Christmas cards.  The December mail is a month long gift.  I love the cards and letters from friends that we may hear from only once a year.  I look at them over and over again for the friendship of all of these people is a treasure. AWESOME!
2012 is the year that did not end on December 21 as predicted by the Mayans.  I am ever so glad that the unknown planet did not collide with Earth.  I have several more things on the agenda before we call it a day.  It was the year with the infamous 12-12-12.  It was a day of good luck.  For me it was no different than any other day but nothing broke so I consider that very lucky.
It was the year that closed the doors on the maker of the Hostess Twinkie.  I am not sure why production on that product did not end years ago.  When something has a shelf life of 12 years it should not exist anyway! We elected a president. It is a repeat performance for Obama.  Another chance to refine Obamacare and keep us from falling off the fiscal cliff.  This really is not awesome.
We remembered the 10th anniversary of Matt's accident with a Act of Random Kindness Day that was created by Matt's very close friends.  It was a healing day.  So many people benefited from the gifts of kindnesses of friends worldwide.  AWESOME !
I got to spend lots of great time with the grandbabies.  That was at the top of my list of  favorite moments.  Snuggles, hugs and tea parties...AWESOME!
Sunday dinner....AWESOME.  Sometimes chaos but knowing that even though everyone may not be there each Sunday, it has become a regular habit and I love it.
Finding, after far too many years, a new pastor at our church that makes me WANT to be there every Sunday...AWESOME!  Church is a peaceful, comfortable place for me and to be drawn again to worship once a week has been a true gift.
Sadly as I have been in church I have had a heavy heart on most Sundays as far too many of my friends are dealing with issues that weigh heavy on my heart.  2102 has brought far to many cases of illness and death.  My special cousin being one of those who is no longer with us. Illness has touched many this year way to young to be dealing with such a burden.  My prayer list is long each Sunday and I am hoping that 2013 bring healing for many so ill at this time.

2012...AWESOME!
What am I wishing for in 2013?  That is for tomorrows thought.  I am ready to make the best of the last day of 2012.

"We will open a book.  It's pages are blank.  We are going to put words on them ourselves.  The book is called opportunity and it's first chapter is New Years Day"
                                  Edith Pierce

No comments:

Post a Comment