Saturday, December 1, 2012

Countdown Begins.....

 It is December 1st!  It is the date that grabs your attention and says...YIKES Christmas is right around the corner and I am not ready!  The crazy sense of countdown begins.  I have decided that this year is going to be different.  I am facing the month of December with an amazing calm...but, that is only because I armed myself with a sense of urgency in November.  I began early because I am determined to enjoy everyday without canvasing the malls for the perfect gift or unpacking Christmas decor right up to the last minute.
 Today I completed the last task...the big tree.  Armed with a "fix"I rummaged through boxes of ornaments, and after five hours of climbing the ladder to complete the tree that my husband thinks is WAY too big I finished!
 I am ready to enjoy the next 24 days.  I am going to do the mundane...clean the house as needed, fold laundry, cook dinner, and whatever other task comes my way BUT I am also going to relax. I am going to watch all of the Christmas movies I never had time for.  I am going to lunch with friends. I am going to sit and address Christmas cards while I listen to Mitch Miller...and if they don't arrive until December 15th does it really matter?  I am going to play with my grandbabies and watch in amazement as Brooklynn talks with excitement about Christmas Eve.
I will not be the woman running around like a chicken with her head cut off!  I am going to savor everyday and while I am at it I may just have to chronicle each day...it is going to be an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment