Saturday, September 21, 2013

Finally Feeling It.......

 I have been ready for fall....i.e. cooler weather, turning leaves, windows open, sweatshirt time.....ever since the issue of Texas Football hit the newsstands in July.  I like summer...sort of.  I like the laziness of it but I am old enough now to understand why seniors chose to move North in the summer.  Intense heat is no longer my friend.  I don't need to bake my body looking for that perfect tan ANYMORE.  I want to sit on the patio without needing to come in for a shower after five minutes.  I want a 76 degree day everyday and if you live in Texas those are pretty rare.
 BUT....this morning it happened.  The day was amazing.  I threw open the doors and inhaled fresh air that did not stifle me!!!  So it is my official proclamation of Fall.  It is that drag out the pumpkins and hang out the golden wreath kind of day....and so that is what I did.  
 It is that ...."forget the fact that my house is the scene of a looming episode of hoarders kind of mess"...but, let it go it for now type of day.  The cleaning I had so planned for the weekend can wait while I actually complete a table runner I found on Pinterest and stand back and admire my new look.  
I have been on an I love orange kick this summer so I can entertain this new color obsession with pumpkins and mums.  I can sit down and think...yes, that is good!!!
I don't want to throw anyone off with the closet picture that has absolutely nothing to do with the fall post but...speaking of color....I am not quite ready to put away the white pants.  I know that if you were socially correct you would have packed those up on Labor Day, but I have never been one to let Emily Post dictate what should be in my wardrobe.  I don't just have "one" pair held back for the days that are still warm.  All twelve pair are washed and ready to wear.   And I will wear until my grandaughter decides to tell me everyone else has move on into sweat suits and blue jeans...about December.
So, until the first snowfall, my white pants will stay right next to my flip flops.  I will probably hand out Halloween candy dressed in those same white pants and maybe throw on a orange shirt just to be festive...unless it is snowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment