Tuesday, September 17, 2013

So True......

I am celebrating today....but in an entirely different way.  It is another family birthday.  Thirty eight years ago today we welcomed our first son into the world.  We waited so long for him.  Years of infertility and the loss of two babies before he arrived made Matt's birthday even more special.
He was a gift...a gift from God.  That is what his name means and so appropriate for the child he was.
 THANKFUL
GRATEFUL
BLESSED
Yes, we were and still are.  That so many people still remember almost 11 years after his death amazes me.  What more could a parent ask for?
Matt knew joy....always.  
He lived life to the fullest...always.  
He pretty much had a permanent smile.  
Today I remember all of that because no matter how much I would like to wish his death away, it is not going to happen....so I accept it and I am thankful because of all the people in the world that God could have chosen to be his mom He picked me.  That alone is a gift.  
Happy Birthday Matt!

"Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the 
knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord"
2 Peter 1:2

1 comment:

  1. Patti that is really beautiful. Joe always said he has never wanted to be anyone else other than Matt. He said he was such a great all around guy. He was funny, nice to everyone and always had a smile. He says our son Joe reminds him of Matt and reading this makes my heart smile. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete