Friday, September 6, 2013

Ready, Set, Go!!!!......

Okay sports fans...grab your cold beer, pull up a chair, a sofa, a big bean bag, or a spot on the floor...it is FOOTBALL SEASON!!!  I don't think there is anyone who waits for baseball season, or any other season like we all wait to watch kickoff of the first football game of the year.  I am a fan!  I can sit there with the best of them and tune in to those epic battles played out on the turf.  
I like it all.  College ball, well yes, it is my favorite.  I am totally impressed with my Red Raiders this year after watching their opening stand against SMU.  A true freshman walk on quarterback who is not even scholarshiped made an impressive start.  And, you've gotta love Coach Kingsbury coming home to his alma mater.  Only a Texas Tech graduate could fully appreciate and love Lubbock and the spirit of the town.
Spent Saturday switching channels so I could see the second half play of Johnny Manziel, aka Johnny Football.  I know he has done a lot for college ball.  Attention that could be focused elsewhere is directed toward the Aggies....waiting for him to make a mistake so they can crucify him.  I am not sure how I feel about him gracing the cover of every magazine I pick up but I know that when your 20 it is an enormous amount of pressure. "To him that much has been given, much is expected."  Bless him as he wades though this battle.
The Cowboys....oh, how I hope I can cheer for something worth watching this year.  I am ready to put on my Dez Bryant autographed visor and be proud of my home team.  However, I know the pitfalls of any serious smack talk until some statistics are in the books.  
And then....there is the food.  What is football without the good eats?!  If you don't have any new tailgating ideas just google PINTEREST...my go to place for everything in my life.  
So fans....get fired up.  Bring on the beer, the hot wings, get out your football paraphernalia and
order up the Hot Tamales...IT IS GAME TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment