Thursday, February 13, 2014

Abundant Blessings....

And God has sent abundant blessings once again!
Although these babies are two weeks old, I just saw them for the first time today.  
What miracles they are. They are the twin babies of Toby and Melanie born at just shy of 31 weeks.  
This is Dylan Matthew. 
 He arrived weighing 3 lbs. 6 oz. and though he is steadily gaining strength, he had a very rough start.  It is only now that his parents can take a breathe and thank God for miracles because it appears he is healing.  He is my sons namesake.  Toby and Matt were best of friends for many, many years.  I did not know that this precious baby would carry Matt's name until after his birth.  I am glad I didn't.  I was so taken with the gesture of love when I heard that I am thankful that the gift of knowing his name came with his arrival.  What else can a parent ask that someone would choose to name their child after your child.  
This is Dylan's sister Emery.  She arrived weighing 1 pound 12 ounces.  
She is incredible.  From the moment of birth she was breathing totally on her own.
This picture does not even remotely reflect how very tiny she is.  Her little head is not even as big as a tennis ball.  If your heart is the size of your fist then to say that tiny body holds a heart the size of a small pecan is no exaggeration.
 I am filled with thankfulness.   The blessings I receive daily are more than I ever expect or even feel deserving of.  To know that Matt's name will be carried by yet another little baby is a gift beyond no other.
Life is so good.


No comments:

Post a Comment