Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Just Maybe......

FRANCE!!!
Yes, really...ME!  Us actually...maybe!
I know, I know.  I am the non-traveler of all non-travelers.
So, what on earth am I thinking?  Ten days gone to a foreign country, across an ocean, and the possibility of no washing machine and no Facebook.
Can I do it????
To be perfectly honest, I am not sure.  But, we have discussed and I have prayed, and we are going to find out.  If nothing else we are in agreement that attendance at the informational meeting is on our agenda.  I could actually walk through the Notre Dame Cathedral.  I do not think there is anything more majestic.  
There are multiple castles and monasteries on the tour plan and I could surely get the feel of something akin to Downton Abbey.
I cannot even imagine the beauty of such places.
Although I have forever been convinced that I can visit via the internet, the actual idea is becoming more and more exciting.
And seeing the actual Beaches of Normandy...how can you even fathom the feeling of that?

To be honest...we deserve it.  
In forty three years we have had no real vacations.  
A weekend trip to San Diego, and yes for me a VERY memorable trip to New York...but not together.
So in two weeks we will know.  We will gather the information, discuss our options, and then in October, MAYBE pack our bags.  
I think I can do this. 
 I think we should do this.  
It is really a need, not a want at this point in our lives.  
We need to get out of the comfort zone we have created and do something that neither of us ever planned.
There are so many beautiful places in this world and we NEED to experience at least one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment