Wednesday, November 5, 2014

It's November!.......

Yes. I LOVE November!
It is the one month I want to put on hold and slowly savor each day.
I do not want to rush through it.
People just seem happier during this time of year.  Christmas is on the horizon....
Oh, how I love Christmas!
I am seriously having to hold myself back...I am dying to crawl up in the attic and start pulling down red and green decorations.  I want to pull out Perry Como and sing "There Is No Place Like Home For The Holidays".
It is that time of the year when everyone on Facebook (except me) is listing what they are grateful for everyday.
I am just going with "generally grateful".
I don't need to list it....hopefully I am learning to just live it.
 I am happy noticing the little things....like my shopping partner, who cost me about $30 more than I should have spent by loading my basket with an array of random things.  So, I have a new brush for the sink, more toilet paper than I really needed, and the kind of mac and cheese that is loaded with yellow dye #2.
 Treasuring the amount of time that I get to spend with these two little girls just makes any day a great day.
Gratitude comes easy when you are taking walks with them.

 They say that gratitude increases your levels of energy, optimism, and empathy.
I agree with that.
I think we could all learn from the feelings we all have during the month of November.
If only we could hold that thought.
Our lists of gratitude should be a daily attitude, not just something we leave on the Thanksgiving table.

"giving thanks always and for everything in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God the Father"
Ephesians 5:20

No comments:

Post a Comment