Thursday, November 13, 2014

Privileged.....

I am not sure that privileged it the right word for the encounter I had last night.
Beautiful, touching, emotional...all of these.
When I retired I searched for things, anything that would help me fill the time I had spent in the classroom I was no longer in.  I subbed, I sewed, I shopped, I lunched with friends, and I joined multiple  ministries at church.
I was all over the map looking for fulfillment.  
Sometimes that is how it works.  You try it all and then you narrow it down to what brings you real joy.
Last night I knew things were right.  I had that found that niche and what a privilege it is and will continue to be to serve the church in the Faith Formation program.
My precious second grade class participated in the Sacrament of Reconciliation last night.  
It is a huge night.  It is the second Sacrament they receive in the church...after Baptism.
They were prepared, ready, and they understood.  Were they a bit timid, of course.
Our amazing pastor talked to these kids at length before they went to confession and the ceremony afterward was beautiful.
Because we have a priest that truly loves and cares for his church, these kids were made aware of the power of this moment.  It was amazing.
Again, in this month of knowing and counting your blessings, I am so grateful to have been given the chance to work in this program with these children and their parents.
It is a privilege and an honor.  
I know where I belong now.  Sometimes it takes a little searching but God has a plan...
What a beautiful night.

"May the God of your hope so fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit".
Romans 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment