Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Gratitude......

The 47 days of Lent are over.  Good Friday has passed and we have celebrated our Risen Lord on Easter Sunday.
I am grateful...for a church that is full of attention to all of the amazing rituals of the days from Ash Wednesday to Easter Sunday.
I immersed myself this season with everything that I could to prepare for the greatest feast day in Christianity and I arrived on Easter Sunday so grateful and so blessed by a prayerful and meaningful 47 days.
We were blessed throughout the season with Vespers, Stations of the Cross, Living Stations of the Cross preformed by the school children, Masses, and Holy Week Liturgy.


Each different remembrance or celebration reflected a different part of our faith that has been practiced by the church for over 2000 years.  It is liturgical, historical, significant, and touching when you immerse yourself in it's meaning.
I am blessed and I am grateful that I have been able to find such peace in a place that seemed so out of my reach for so long.  
This is my family and this is my faith.
What I took for granted as part of what was given to me at birth without my choosing it....
is now something I do choose.  
The church is my home and like my other home it is comfortable and I am welcome and I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment