Sunday, April 19, 2015

My Big Weekend.......

I have come to the conclusion that I must have lead a very sheltered life for the last 66 years because
I can get very exited about getting out of the house even if it is only as far as the Irving Convention Center!
I gladly accepted an invitation to attend the Bishops Pro Life Dinner and I thought I was going to the prom!  How many times do we get the opportunity to drag out the "bling" and act like we are somebody special???
For me, not so often!!!
 Fine wine...
 Super salad....
 And an entree and dessert that I just had to take a picture of....
Never without a camera of course!!
It was fun, great friends, wonderful entertainment, personal time for me (a rarity at best) and an awesome cause to support.  
Sometimes I am amazed by the blessings that fall in my lap.
In bed WAY late and up very early because Sunday morning my precious second graders made their first communion.
It has been such an honor to be with these children each week to lead them in the way of Jesus.
In all honesty, my own kids learned nothing in CCD...nothing they can begin to recall at least.
It matters.  If these kids are going to be part of the church they need to get it....they need to know why the church believes what they do and what the sacraments mean.  
These children make me smile. 
 This is what heaven will look like...a mini United Nations.  They are black, white, Asian, and bi-racial and they truly do not notice the difference.  It is beautiful....and they are beautiful.
They woke up this morning ready to receive Jesus...
White dresses, beautiful veils, and prayer hands....
and a teacher with big old tears!

I am in love.
I am in love with the fact that I have been given the opportunities that have come my way.
I am having one of those looking back days, and for all the days that I have wondered what God's plan for me was, this weekend I found some answers.  It is to take advantage of each and every chance I have been given and be thankful for all of them.
Sometimes it is a big slap in the face and when you wake up you know how beautiful everything is.
"How great are your works Lord!
How profound Your purpose!"
Psalm 92:6

No comments:

Post a Comment