Friday, August 14, 2015

While I Was Gone.......

Summer is almost behind us....
not actually summer, but it is the middle of August and in one week the kids are back to school.
I actually did have a summer that was not spent traveling or recording my adventures.
I spent many hours in Gramma mode and we had FUN!
The girls are growing up and they are actually easy to entertain.
Mess. Everywhere.
That comes with the territory, but I will be a bit sad after next week.
Brooklynn wil be in kindergarten and Finley in preschool three days a week.
So, what then?  A cleaner house and maybe time to cook, but nothing that is nearly as much fun.
We played games....

Would it be surprising if I said, I NEVER won?
We made great use of the boxes that Amazon left at my front door.
They became an RV, a boat, a stage for their puppets, and a baby bed.
They helped me hand out Meals on Wheels, much to the delight of all my housebound clients.

We rewarded ourselves with ice cream!

They pretended like they had babies in their bellies like their mommy and their aunt!

The girls  took a trip to the beach....
And played in the lake...a lot!

And on a day that was too hot for much else, they introduced me to CooCoo's.
We still have a week left and although my dishwasher has gone non stop and they have been through more snacks than is healthy, I will miss this summer.
It has been good in so many ways.
Next summer, more babies...more fun.
I cannot wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment