Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Ash Wednesday.....

 I am that person that loves Lent.  I particularly love Ash Wednesday.  It was three years ago today that I began serving as a Eucharistic Minister.  
It is and honor and a privilege and each year when we reach this day I know how humbled I am to serve in the position.
It is extraordinary and I try very hard to not forget that.
It is also the time that I try to focus on clearing the cobwebs out of every area of my life.  
I live in excess and selfishness.  That is no secret.
So I am focusing on that among MANY other things left for another post.
Faith has helped me conquer many hurdles.  I look up many days and say "thank you God, I know that was you", but I also miss way to many days that His hand is there and I don't notice.
Those are the days I am buried in that excess and selfishness. 
I am part of a church community that focuses on Lent in a big way.  
I hope that I can take advantage of the next 40 days to emerge more spiritually prepared on the day we celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus Christ.
It will take continual focus.  I am not always good at that.  
Today my prayers begin that I see less of me and more of Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment