Saturday, July 25, 2009

Birthdays and Tomato Plants...


Today brought a BIG 1st birthday party for some great friends twin girls. I cannot believe they are one. I also cannot believe that this time next year my own granbaby will be about ten months old. It is funny to see my friends kids who all played in the backyard with my children having babies of their own. I really do not feel that old but I guess I am!
One of the most impressive parts of the visit was the tomato plant in their backyard. You have to know that we have labored over home grown tomatoes and peppers since early spring to appreciate how I envied this huge plant. All of the tomatoes that went with our lunch came from this very vine. Our poor plants were put out for the trash man last week and we had very few tomatoes before we disposed of them. But we will try again next year...maybe with some advice from the Cummins on how to produce a plant of this size.

No comments:

Post a Comment