Friday, July 31, 2009

Fun Friday....Can You Say "SALE"??!!!!!

I have a mere 3 Fridays left in my summer vacation. I have decided to make each of these a FUN FRIDAY...doing whatever I want to do, not want I need to do...that is for Monday through Thursday! I wanted to have a part of my sewing machine updated so I took it to the Bernina Center in Rockwall only to find it was their annual summer SALE!!! It was 25% off of everything in the store! Oh my goodness, I do believe fate took me that way today. I managed to keep my expenditures down to a paltry amount but was able to buy a few things I would have otherwise passed up! Only someone with a fabric fettish could love the colors and textures in a quilt store!!!
Then it was back over the bridge to Garland...yes, I photographed this beautiful water as I drove 55 MPH over the bridge but that is my little secret. It has been weeks since I have been to the lake and OH MY how I love water. I just wanted to remember how good it makes me feel!

Next stop downtown Garland where there is another of my favorite quilt stores. I needed some extra fabric for a quilt I am finishing up so I ran in for a couple of yards....again in fabric heaven. It is situated next to a cute little antique store. What a great downtown area. Beats the mall any day as far as I am concerned! I am so glad that the city has maintained the appeal of this area.
Last but not least, headed home. Did I mention that it is 88 degrees out today (July 31st)? That just never happens in Texas. We have had abudant rainfall this past week so everything is a beautiful green..not the normal fried yellow grass that we usually see this time of the year. I love it. I actually sat outside with a magazine this morning. Normally I only go outside to check the mail and run back in before my feet cook on the pavement!
Oh what a great Friday it has been!





No comments:

Post a Comment