Friday, July 24, 2009

Fat Quarter Friday, Food and a Movie....



What an absolutly perfect day. Fat quarters were buy three get one free at the quilt store today. You have to really love the feel of 100% cotton to get a high from handling fabric. It is right up there with the highs you get from laying on the beach or floating in the lake. Naturally I found a wonderful assortment of colors that will work perfectly for the new grandbaby one of my best friends is expecting in December.

Next it was off to Central Market. I do not make this trip often but what a joy it was to wonder the aisles of fresh produce, spices and cheese. There were enough things to sample that there was no need to stop for lunch afterwards which had been part of my original plan. The big reward of the day was the great freezer bag that was FREE!!!! Can you believe it? Yes, it was free. I thought I won the lottery.

After the excitement of all of this, it was off to the movie with Sara. I am not a big movie fan at all but with dad and Drew in California I figured we would do something out of the ordinary. We saw "The Proposal" and I laughed so hard that at one point I spit my chocolate covered raisins all over. Ryan Reynolds is really easy on the eyes and even if the movie has been awful it was a treat to look at him for two hours.

Now we are going to dine on frozen pizza and fresh fruit from Central Market. What a perfect day!!!

2 comments:

  1. Your first visitor. Congrats on becoming a blogger. Everyone sends their best from Cali!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat thing to do! I expect lots and lots of update when the newest little Shubzda arrives. You are going to be a GREAT GRAMMA!

    ReplyDelete