Wednesday, July 29, 2009

It's Finally Here!!!!

Navy Midshipmen

Texas Tech Red Raiders



Dallas Cowboys

and

NG Raider Football!!!!


Yes, sports fans, training camp for the Cowboys begins today, which means that the whole football season thing cannot be far behind. I am by virtue of raising a house full of male children an avid football fan. I cannot help it. It is high school football on Friday night, college sports on Saturday, and a Sunday full of Pro football. I LOVE it!!!! It makes me think of fall, cooler weather, opening the windows at home, great food to eat while watching the games and so on. It precedes Thanksgiving and Christmas and all of the other special times of the year. What could be better??


It also means that going back to work is only two weeks away. In a strange way I am very ready. I love pulling into the parking lot and hearing the band practicing, seeing the guys out on the field going through two a day drills, and opening the door to my classroom...my home for the next nine months. It means many new faces and personalities and students whose lives will be entrusted to me. I love what I do. Yes, there are days when I know there are easier ways to earn a living...but more than likely there is not the sense of satisfaction I get at the end of every day. So, today I am going to dust my house, straighten up some of the closets that I have been avoiding and get ready to start a new school year. I am SO ready.




No comments:

Post a Comment