Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Nuts Are In....

Not a new picture of Brooklynn....that is amazing in itself...but another exciting event!! My yearly supply of pecans is in. I love it. I have been ordering nuts from a very good friend at this time every year for over 20 years. It is a given. It is a sign of the season. Order in October, arrival in November...just in time for holiday baking. It means Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner. Why is it as you age you love things that are a constant?? I place the same order every year. I know what will last me until the next year when I send in my request. Now it is time to dig out the favorite recipes and make the traditional things. Sometimes there is something new on the agenda but always the same favorites to repeat. I was thinking today how much fun it was going to be to introduce Brooklynn to the things we cook at Christmas. Maybe she will need an apron...so my monogramming machine will come in handy!!! So many plans for the future. Things change when you have a grandchild....all for the good.

No comments:

Post a Comment