Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Veteran's Day....


Just because....just because on November 11th we have cause to remember that good people have lost their lives and put themselves in harms way everyday. I cannot begin to wrap my mind around why tragedies like Fort Hood happen. Having lived this nightmare I know what lies ahead for the families. I am not sure that they even realize what their days will be like in the future. My nightly prayers always include service men and women and despite our loss I am proud and thankful to have had sons that were willing to take on the task of protecting us. Do I wish for a different outcome for my oldest son...of course, every single day. But do I know that was a conscious choice he made when he chose the military for a career..yes, of course I do...and I am proud to be the mom of two very courageous young men.

No comments:

Post a Comment