Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend....

We celebrated Mother's Day weekend in typical Shubzda fashion! It all began Friday night when I made a run to the grocery store to grab some things to take to the lake ... a few things to keep me out of the Gun Barrel City Walmart (that is a whole story in itself). On the way home, in 6 o'clock traffic someone decided to share the lane I was in and ran into the side of my car. Oh, if you only knew how many times my old red Tahoe has been in the repair shop for body damage! So, let's just add another trip in for rebuild and I will try and get another 10,000 miles out of it before it completely gives up! Off to the lake to enjoy the weekend.....dented car aside, time to enjoy some fun in the sun. The fam bought me new ceiling fans for Mother's Day so Jimmy decide it would be his contribution to get them hung. Three hours, and one fan later he decided that fan number two would wait until another day.

I entertained myself with twelve cans of black spray paint in an attempt to change a 20 year old wrought iron table from yellow to black. Like Jimmy, I decided that the four chairs would have to wait until another day. I was developing a bad case of carpal tunnel syndrome from holding down the button on the spray can...enough of that for today!
So with home improvement projects put up for the day we set out to cook a little dinner and relax. Apparently the gods had other plans for us because we got a distress call from the youngest of our brood saying he was on his way home in the boat and it was sinking...yes, sinking in the middle of the lake at 6 in the evening. Now, you have to understand that Drew does not panic easily. He is the ultimate cool one under pressure so when he said he was sinking we knew it must be serious. Not knowing exactly how to handle this, Jimmy jumped on the jet ski and set out to investigate and hopefully rescue. I stayed home wondering if we were going to have to send divers down to salvage our sunken watercraft.

After trying to bale out water with two 12 ounce beer bottles the trio decided to try and tow the thing back to dock and pray the not so big jet ski and a tow rope would do the trick. As you can see they made it...much to my relief. Yes, the boat was full of water but it was safely home and we will just evaluate what to do another day.

Not to let the weekend end on a dull note, as I was packing up I looked out the window when I heard our Boston Terrier yelping only to discover that Sara had hooked poor Max through the ear when she was putting up her fishing pole. Some pliers and lots of tears later, Max was unhooked and seemed no worse for having been caught with a hook. It is the end of the day and we are all safely home and watching a movie. Figure that is the safest way to end this weekend. Hope you all had a great day with family!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment