Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Season of Growth....

Yes, it is spring. I love it. I love fall too, but spring is the time for growing things. I wait patiently for Good Friday. Years ago my elderly neighbor told me not to plant anything until then. "It will never make it if you plant too early" Mrs. Grounds would say. I still listen to her and my plants never go in until that day.
It works. I am now waiting for my strawberries to turn red and admiring my daily hibiscus blooms. My backyard is beautiful. It is my mini paradise. I love to sit out there in the evening and admire the new growth that spring brings. It is peaceful and therapeutic when the last days of school are hectic and stressful. And guess what else is growing this spring...my grandchild. Yes, Brooklynn is having her own spring growth period. Everyday there are new developments in her little world.

She can stand up now. Brooklynn is proud of her newest skill and her new front teeth. With her it is a constant grin anyway and now those pretty new teeth are just part of that precious smile. And crawling is not even unique anymore. She is a young lady on the move!!!
I can only imagine what life will be like for mommy and daddy in the next couple of months. Childproofing and keeping a close eye on a baby with places to go. I simply cannot wait to see her in a month!





No comments:

Post a Comment