Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Excuse Me While I Relax!!!!......

It is here! The first day of my official semi-retirement. Yes, I know that Monday was a school day and a non-work day for me....but, I worked anyway. So little time to prepare for the kids so I went in for three hours to get my things in order. I did not mind. It made for a much smoother day yesterday. And...yesterday was a great day. I loved it. The kids are wonderful. I am so very glad I made the transition. Sometimes it is good to move out of that comfort zone and jump in with both feet somewhere else. As our resident health expert says...it makes you grow new brain cells.....I will report on the success of that theory later.
So, today I am celebrating. Instead of granola and yogurt or a protein bar with my tea for breakfast, I am having coconut pie and chocolate covered strawberries. I deserve it. I have turned a corner. This is semi retirement. I will never be a full time teacher again. But, I still have my toes in the water. I know I was not ready to close that door. It is part of who I am. Those kids mean the world to me. It allows me to give that part of myself that I know is useful and appreciated. It is the best of both worlds. It is a blessing.
Now if you will excuse me, I am going to put my feet up, drink my tea, and have a piece of pie....and then I will decide what to do with the rest of my day!

1 comment: