Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Continual Reminder.....

Yes, they keep sending this stuff. Magazines, newspapers, insurance offers, and so on. The mailbox holds AARP literature DAILY. Like I am likely to forget I am OLD! Actually, however, I do forget....until I go get the mail. I do not wake up every morning thinking "dang, I am OLD." Yes, I have aches everywhere...arthritis inherited from my mom. That started years ago. I have gnarled hands. It slips my mind until one of my students asks me about my really crooked fingers. I laugh..not much you can do about it. I tend to blame the aches and pains on sleeping in the wrong position, or lifting something wrong. In my mind I am not there yet. I don't think it is being in a state of denial. I do not mind the numbers. I am 62...can't change that. Get a facelift? Nope, I will still be 62. But the fact of the matter is I am a senior citizen. I happens to all of us sooner or later and I guess you just keep going. My mind does not dwell on it, deny it, or even try to wish it away..it is what it is. The advantages...DISCOUNTS everywhere. And yes I take advantage of them. If the sales clerk does not offer a senior discount, I ask for it. My pride does not take over here...my wallet does. So...if you have crossed that line (and I do not know exactly where middle age turns to old age) enjoy. There a perks to being on the other side of young!

No comments:

Post a Comment