Thursday, November 18, 2010

My Vacation Home.....

Here it is...my home away from home, my resort, my vacation spot. For almost a year this is where I went when I needed a respite.
Pretty nice, huh?
Not only is it one of the prettiest places I have ever been but it came with family included...my family!
Yes, for the last year when I needed an escape I headed to Tampa Bay to visit. It is not fun have family 1300 miles away but when you get to go see them in a place as beautiful as this is, it cannot be all bad. So, I traveled...and when I did one of my favorite things to do was to walk with Brooklynn. We put in many miles wandering through the tree lined streets, singing, and talking and bonding. It was my time and I loved every minute of it.
My Tampa time is over. The family is moving home. Brooklynn and I took our last walk yesterday. Too big to fit in the carrier, we took the wagon. We walked the streets one more time and talked and sang and bonded.
I will miss this.
Do not misunderstand me. I am thrilled to have them back in Texas but I am grateful for the visits I had. I looked forward to my time there. The weather, the trees, the bay, the walks...all of it.
Just knowing when the plane landed that my grandchild would be waiting there to meet me was special. Seeing the milestones she had met since our last visit was exciting.
Now I can watch her grow and develop and enjoy having them close and that is good...but I have to admit, I will miss the trips. It was my vacation and the best kind of vacation to take!
So long Tampa Bay. I will miss you!



No comments:

Post a Comment