Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Fall Down.....

Yes,
It is time to pack up the pumpkins, wreaths, and fall flowers
and.......
Put up Christmas!!!
No, I am not a department store (thanks for that line dear daughter-in-law!). I am simply a person that LOVES Christmas. I love it for a whole month. I go with the Christmas music, the lights, and the cheer from about mid November on and get sad when it is over. That is why I start early.
I am, however, married to a man that does not find my enthusiasm so entertaining. Come time to drag the tree out of the attic and he is not a happy camper. We have survived forty years of this dreaded event and we are still together, but if the holiday came more than once a year we would not survive. He would be more than happy if the stockings were simply "hung by the chimney with care", and we called it a day!

So I will continue with my passion for Christmas alone, pour a glass of wine, turn on the lights and sing "There Is No Place Like Home For The Holidays" by myself and enjoy every minute of it for a whole month!
Happy start of the Holidays to all!

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to being home for Christmas with my family. Crank up the Christmas music!

    ReplyDelete